Braised Leeks with Chicken Sausage, Beans & Artichoke Hearts2016-05-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
No food in the house, but want a quick dinner? Don’t panic, this dish can be done in 20 minutes and makes a tasty meal out of your pantry’s bare bones.
- 1 Leek
- 1 package of Chicken Sausage (or any sausage you may have in the refrigerator or freezer)
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
- Grated Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock
Slice leek in half lengthwise. Then chop width-wise into half moon slices.
Heat large saute pan, add canola or grapeseed oil and saute leeks. Saute on low, constantly stirring, about 5 minutes.
While leeks are cooking, slice chicken sausage and then add to pan with leeks for a few minutes.
Add artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes. Pour enough stock into pan to measure up midway on the side of pan.
Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce to a simmer. Cook another 5 minutes or so.
Serve with fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese on top.
Think Out of the Icebox: Try adding kale and/or red peppers too.