Chilled Gazpacho Soup2015-08-17
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 2 quarts
- Servings : 8 - 10
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 20m
I love a refreshing bowl of cool gazpacho on a hot summer day. Especially with a dollop of guacamole and tortilla chips.
- 2 large Cucumbers, halved and seeded, but not peeled [the green skin adds a nice color]
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
- 8 Plum Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 Red Onion, Diced
- 3 - 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6 Cups Tomato Juice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt (if using sea salt then start with less and taste, gradually adding until you get the right flavor)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
Pulse each vegetable separately in a food processor until it is coarsely chopped.
Combine all vegetables in a large bowl or pot. Add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Mix well. Serve chilled garnished with cilantro and avocado or guacamole.
Short Cut: Make a day ahead of time. The longer the soup sits, the more developed the flavor.
Think Out of the Ice Box: Use any tomatoes in season. It should be approximately 6 cups of chopped tomatoes.