Heirloom Tomatoes with Blackberries & Burrata2016-08-15
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
August is the best month for homegrown heirloom tomatoes. These are the the grand dames of this fruit family and ironically usually the uglier the better.
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 C Cherry or Golden Baby Tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounce Burrata Cheese ball, sliced
- 1/4 C Blackberries
- Handful Lemon Basil, chiffonade
- Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar to drizzle
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Layer sliced heirlooms on a plate with baby tomato halves in between. Season with salt & pepper.
Cover with burrata cheese and sprinkle with blackberries and basil.
Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Enjoy at room temperature.
Think Out of the Ice Box: Try topping with red raspberries instead of blackberries.